4.14.2009

Jackson is here!

Jackson Adam was born on April 10 at 11:13 pm, he weighed 8lbs 6oz and was 20 1/2" long. He's a big boy!

Birth Story:
I started having contractions at 4:30am Friday morning but didn't think anything of it because I'd been having contractions that would come and go all week long and nothing came of it. Adam had the day off and we were so bored just waiting and waiting. I decided to go shopping with my mom to get my mind off of the baby. I went to Newton to shop and then to lunch. I was having contractions but, wasn't timing them so I decided that I needed to come home and start timing them. I got home around 2 and started timing them and at 3:30/3:45 I realized that my contractions had become 5-7 minutes apart for an hour but, weren't hurting as bad as I thought they should. I decided to call the doctors office to see at what point I needed to go to the hospital. The nurse told me that I should head to the hospital, I told her that I was still able to talk through them and didn't want to get there and be sent home. I told Adam I wanted to time them for another hour or so to make sure they stayed. I went on a walk with Cash and come home around 4:15 and started timing them again. They stayed and we headed to Newton to the hospital at about 5:30. As we were walking into the hospital I asked Adam if I looked like I was in enough pain to be in labor because I didn't want to go home!
We got checked in and went to an observation room at 6:00. The nurse told me they wanted to monitor me and check to see if I'd had progress but it could take an hour. She checked me a few minutes later and told us we weren't going home because I was 3-4cm dilated. We were so excited to be having our baby. We moved to a labor room and my mom came to the hospital. Things were going great and my contractions weren't bad at all. The nurse checked me again around 7 and I was at 5 cm, I was surprised things were progressing like they were and was happy things were going fast and I wasn't in too much pain...yet. At 9, the nurse came and checked me again and I was 6cm and my water bag was bulging. They called the doctor to come break my water and she arrived around 9:50. The doctor broke my water then and that's when the extreme pain started. When the first contracton hit I started bawling because it hurt so incredibly bad. I told Adam and my mom that I couldn't do this with out drugs. They encouraged me and said that I could. The nurses and doctor asked if I wanted the epidural and that the anthestiologist could come back, I decided against that and they offered me a drug called Stadol but it would make me loopy and drowsy and I didn't want that either. I had planned on going drug free but didn't know what to expect. At one point I said with the next baby I was getting the drugs. HA. At 10:30 I felt like I was ready to push, the nurse checked and I was only 8 cm so I couldn't. I was still insisting so they checked me again about 5 minutes later, and I was at 9cm. I was finally ready to push at a little after 11. I pushed through about 7 contractions and the pushing was heaven compared to the contractions. As his head was crowing I felt the worst burning sensation I'd ever felt. The pain between the second to last contraction to the last one when he was born was the most intense pain I'd ever felt. Jackson Adam was born at 11:13 pm after about 10 minutes of pushing.

I couldn't have made it through a med-free labor and delivery without my mom and Adam's encouragment. Adam was so amazing throughout my labor, encouraging me and telling me I was doing great. At one point he even said I looked amazing! The nurses said they all had tears in their eyes because of how awesome he was with me and that he should teach a class to husbands on how to help their wives in labor!

I have decided that Jackson was way too good to his mommy and I hope he hasn't spoiled me with future pregnacies (not anytime soon!). I hoped that I'd have a fast labor and that's what I got, I was very pleased.

Before the real pain started!


First family picture! Jackson is about 1hr old

Big Boy!

No comments: