7 weeks left. 4 weeks until he's full term and can come anytime after that. I can't believe it!
We had a sonogram yesterday and he's head down with his butt in my ribs. During the sonogram he was puckering his lips and opening and closing them. He looked so cute! The doctor said everything looked perfect with the sonogram. I really wanted to know about how much he weighed but the doctor didn't order for that so we didn't get to find out! Guess we'll just have to wait and see when he gets here.
I haven't gotten completely uncomfortable yet. He likes to stick his butt out and up into my ribs which makes it hard to sit sometimes. I'm still able to sleep part way on my tummy which means I get good quality sleep most of the time except I feel exhausted a lot more often now. Maybe this is just my body's way of getting me ready for the sleepless night I'll have when he gets here?!
AND, we finally decided on a name for XY. I ordered him a personalized newborn hat to wear the day he's born to announce his name! I can't wait to tell it!

This week your baby weighs a little over 4 pounds and has passed the 17-inch mark. He's rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and his skeleton is hardening. The bones in his skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for him to fit through the birth canal. (The pressure on the head during birth is so intense that many babies are born with a conehead-like appearance). These bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as his brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood.
We had a sonogram yesterday and he's head down with his butt in my ribs. During the sonogram he was puckering his lips and opening and closing them. He looked so cute! The doctor said everything looked perfect with the sonogram. I really wanted to know about how much he weighed but the doctor didn't order for that so we didn't get to find out! Guess we'll just have to wait and see when he gets here.
I haven't gotten completely uncomfortable yet. He likes to stick his butt out and up into my ribs which makes it hard to sit sometimes. I'm still able to sleep part way on my tummy which means I get good quality sleep most of the time except I feel exhausted a lot more often now. Maybe this is just my body's way of getting me ready for the sleepless night I'll have when he gets here?!
AND, we finally decided on a name for XY. I ordered him a personalized newborn hat to wear the day he's born to announce his name! I can't wait to tell it!

This week your baby weighs a little over 4 pounds and has passed the 17-inch mark. He's rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and his skeleton is hardening. The bones in his skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for him to fit through the birth canal. (The pressure on the head during birth is so intense that many babies are born with a conehead-like appearance). These bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as his brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood.
No comments:
Post a Comment