I woke up that morning not feeling quite right and told Adam that he would probably come today because I wasn't feeling right. He told me to we should take the hospital bags with us if that was the case. We were getting ready to walk out the door for work & didn't have time to finish packing them.
I didn't feel right all morning & felt sick around lunch time but, thought it was just that I needed to eat. I had been having some contractions but, wasn't timing them because they weren't consistent and I was sure they would quit like they had for the last 2 weeks.
I started timing the contractions at 2:40 because they were getting more intense and consistent. After having contractions every 5 minutes, lasting 1 minute, for 30 minutes I emailed my mom and told her but, didn't tell Adam because I didn't want him to get excited! Then the next contraction was 8 minutes. After having the contractions for an hour I decided to wait a little bit longer to see if they kept up. Finally at 4:10 I decided to call the doctors office to see if I should head to the hospital. The nurse told me to come to the office to get checked. I called Adam (who was at the golf course) and told him I was going to get checked, he said he'd go with me & I'm sure glad he did! I left work at 4:20.
On the way to the doctors office as I was timing contractions, they were a little over 3 minutes apart! We check in at the doctor and get checked - she says I'm 4 cm and completely effaced. I needed to walk over to the hospital right away. I couldn't believe it - I wasn't expecting to be sent right away! I walked over to the hospital, while crying, because I had to check in by myself. Adam had to meet my mom at daycare to trade cars so she could get Jackson.
I checked into the hospital at 4:58. I was really emotional because everything was so sudden and we didn't have any of our stuff. I changed into my gown, started calling, & texting people while I waited for the nurse to get the monitors hooked up. My nurse ended up being Jenny, one of my good friends growing up! Once the monitors were on the contractions were showing every 1-2 minutes at this point! I called Adam to tell him to hurry because the doctor was going to break my water when he got back.
In the meantime, Kendra and McKenna came up to the hospital since I was alone & to bring their camera because we didn't have ours - so thankful for that.
Adam got to the hospital at 5:38 and my mom and Jackson arrived shortly after. I was having a hard time with the contractions as they were getting pretty bad at this point. A few minutes later I asked everyone to leave because I was having lots of pressure. The dr. came in to check and I was already at 10cm! She had them set everything up before she broke my water because he would be here soon!
A few minutes later I was pushing & after 3 pushes we soon found out that his cord was wrapped around his neck twice. I quit pushing while the dr. got him unwrapped and he started crying. One more push & Beckett was born!! I was at the hospital for 1 hour and 1 minute before he was born.
It was so surreal because it all happened so fast but, we are thankful he's here!
Jackson was so excited for his baby brother & as soon as he saw Beckett he said "Hold it?!" So
cute!
Waiting
Family of 4!

No comments:
Post a Comment