1.29.2009

30 Weeks!


WOW. 70 days! We've made some great progress on the nursery and I can't wait to see the finished product! We have all the painting done but, still need to do a few touch ups. Adam put in the new ceiling fan last night so we finally have light in there. We should have new carpet installed in all the bedrooms the 2nd week of February-thank goodness we are getting rid of the hunter green stuff. Once the carpet is installed we can get his furniture in there, which should be arriving any day!

Still no name for little XY. There is one name we agree on but we haven't set it in stone. I really want to order wall letters with his name to hang above the crib so they get here before he's born. They are custom painted to match his bedding and take 8 weeks to be completed. I think I'm just going to have to wait until he's born to order them.

XY's been getting bigger and so is his mama! It gets harder and harder to get up and down with this big belly. He's been moving around like crazy in there and the kicks and punches are getting a lot stronger as he gets bigger. I've still been sleeping very well and only getting up once a night to go to the bathroom-which I am so thankful for. I have found it harder and harder to get out of bed in the mornings, I can't figure out if it's because I hate coming to work or if I'm just that much more tired.

I will update tonight with a new picture and a new background in the picture! I'm going to start taking them in XY's room!!!

Your baby's about 15.7 inches long now, and she weighs almost 3 pounds. A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds him, but that volume will decrease as he gets bigger and takes up more room in your uterus. His eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after he's born, he'll keep her eyes closed for a good part of the day. When he does open them, he'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means he can only make out objects a few inches from his face. (Normal adult vision is 20/20.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A guy I work with and his wife have a super cute nursery for their little girl. This giant safety pin wall hook I thought was DARLING

http://www.uncommongoods.com/item/item.jsp?itemId=15196